domingo, 27 de janeiro de 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge: How Lolita has changed me

So, the first question I got for the Lolita 52 Challenge was

52. How Lolita has changed me

I guess the last will be first, haha. I think Lolita was one of the things that lead me to Fashion Design. I am very thankful for that. Actually, I had always wanted to go to Fashion College, but Lolita was probably what really opened my mind creativity-wise.
Most people have a blockade against all that is considered "different" or "weird", but I found that we should push past that wall and decide for ourselves if something is "ugly" or "beautiful", even if is is different and weird. Not to like something just because it is different, nor hate it because it seems weird at first. 
And Lolita helped me through that wall. Now I feel more confident wearing what I think is beautiful and working hard to reach my goals, even if other people disagree with me.
It was after knowing this fashion that I developed an interest in designing my own printed fabric (which I sell at Spoonflower), and along with that I started researching other subjects such as architecture and interior design in many historical periods.
Also, I stopped wearing pants. Pants don't look good on me and I don't like them. Poofy skirts might not help my figure, but I love them. And that's all that matters.

♦♦♦

Então, a primeira pergunta que eu peguei para o Lolita 52 Challenge foi

52. Como Lolita me transformou

A última pergunta foi a primeira a ser respondida, haha. Acho que Lolita foi umas das coisas que me levaram a fazer Moda. Eu agradeço muito por isso. Na verdade, eu sempre quis ser estilista, mas Lolita provavelmente foi a coisa que mais abriu a minha cabeça criativamente.
A maioria das pessoas tem um bloqueio contra tudo que é considerado "diferente" e "estranho", mas eu percebi que devemos ultrapassar essa barreira e decidir por nós mesmos se algo é "feio" ou "bonito", mesmo que seja diferente ou estranho. Não gostar de algo só porque é diferente, nem desdenhar por parecer estranho no começo.
E Lolita me ajudou a atravessar essa barreira. Agora eu me sinto mais confiante vestindo o que eu acho bonito e me esforçando para alcançar meus objetivos, mesmo que outras pessoas discordem de mim.
Foi através desse estilo que desenvolvi um interesse por estamparia (eu vendo minhas estampas no Spoonflower), e ao mesmo tempo comecei a pesquisar outros temas como arquitetura e design de interiores de vários períodos históricos.
Além disso, eu parei de usar calças. Calças não ficam bem em mim e eu não gosto delas. Saias volumosas podem não ajudar a minha figura mas eu adoro. E isso é o que importa.

♦♦♦

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Adoraria ler seus comentários!

Contato

shirayukin@hotmail.com
juliana.pomon@gmail.com